Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Musings

It's Monday again folks and the weather is still cold!  Why is it that these cold spells come along on the weekends?  I have long wondered this.  It seems as if Mother Nature is out to get those of us that work Monday through Friday and only have the weekends off.  As of today, I only have lettuce and asparagus planted.  I keep putting off planting my garden due to the weather.  For once, my procrastinating is paying off.  I don't know about you, but I am ready for some 60 or 70 degree days.  Gardening here in Pine Cove is definitely a challenge.  But each year I get a little smarter about it and hopefully one day, I will have it all figured out.

In the meantime, I will start making some ollas for the garden and keep working in some compost.  Fire abatement can be done anytime and is a big one on the To Do List.  Luckily, mine is done.  So I am anxious to get on with the fun stuff.  It seems we have such a small window of time to be out in the garden, so it always seems like a rush to get everything done each summer.  But that is life here in Pine Cove and if I wanted summer year round, I would move to the desert.  I think living up here does make us appreciate the nice weather a little more, since we don't get it as much of it as they do off the hill. So I will keep waiting and when it turns warm for good, I will plant my garden and hope that there is enough time for it to grow and flourish.

No comments: