Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rain Last Night?

I think it rained last night.  Did anyone see or hear it?  I did not.  When I got up and let my dogs out about 5 am, everything was wet.  The weather station did not record any amount of rain, so it must not have been very much rain.  I was a little surprised though as I did not think we would actually get any rain at all. Hopefully the moisture will keep coming our way. 

All in all, it has not been that bad of a winter.  Yes, we have had some storms come through and drop a lot of rain or snow in a short amount of time, but the weather in between storms has been fairly decent.  I was actually pretty amazed at how warm it has been this week.  When the icicles are dripping at 5 am, you know it isn't too cold out.  So even though there is a lot of snow on the ground, it is still pretty nice to be outside. 

Now the question remains, will we get any more snow or is this it for this winter.  I will be curious to see what are rainfall and snow totals end up being for this winter.  It seems like we have had a lot, but I am betting that we haven't gotten as much as what we think we have. 

Snow or no snow, cold temps or warm, please remember that it is important to turn your water off at your customer shut off valve when you leave your mountain home.   

No comments: